Friday, May 4, 2012

2,000,000 People, 10 City Blocks, 0 Personal Space


Every day at least one student asks, "Where can I get ______ ?" It took a few days, but we finally found a place that has everything we want.  Today we went to the Namdaemun market, which is a true cultural experience.  It is the largest market in Seoul. We arrived late morning when it wasn't completely packed with people... by the time we left, it was absolutely crazy.  One of my first purchases was a neon orange hair bow for my daughter Alexa... it was the only way I could track her if she let go of my hand! In the end, today was all about shopping, eating, and just complete cultural emersion.

Tomorrow's a national holiday here in South Korea... Children's Day. We will head to various parks and  participate in the festivities.

Todays pictures: http://bwilson.cs.georgefox.edu/GEED365/May-4/album/

Good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment